Massawippi Lodge itself was built in 1902. It is situated 1.5 miles (2.4 kms) from the Village of North Hatley on approximately 20 acres of private land. The house has six bedrooms and three bathrooms upstairs. Downstairs are living room with stone fireplace, library, dining room, sun room, kitchen and pantry. A large veranda looks out over Lake Masswippi and the private beach, wharf and boathouse.
Situated in Québec‘s rolling Eastern Townships, North Hatley has long been a holiday destination. Settled from the late eighteenth century by a mixture of emigrants from the British Isles as well as Loyalists fleeing the newly established Uniter States of America. The new arrivals brought with them the place names of their former homes as well as a distinctive architecture, much of which remains today.